The Portugal Golden Visa Program is a government scheme that grants residency permits to foreign investors who invest in the country’s real estate or other assets. This program was launched in 2012 as a way of attracting foreign investment and has been very successful in doing so.
Under the program, non-EU citizens can obtain a temporary residence permit in Portugal by making a qualifying investment in the country. The investment options include purchasing real estate worth at least €500,000, creating a minimum of ten jobs in Portugal, or investing at least €1 million in a Portuguese business or venture capital fund.
Once the investment is made, the investor and their family members can apply for a temporary residence permit, which is valid for two years. This permit can be renewed for successive periods of two years, as long as the investment is maintained.
After five years of holding a temporary residence permit, the investor and their family members can apply for permanent residency in Portugal. After six years of permanent residency, they may be eligible for Portuguese citizenship, which grants them the right to live and work anywhere in the EU.
Some of the sustainability features will include
- Aspirationally Net Zero
- Photovoltaic Panel System includes a total of 193 solar panel
- modules producing 79.13 kW of energy
- Tesla Powerwall, Tesla Gateway System and Tesla Powerwall Racking
- Enhanced Air Filtration System
- Reclaimed Rainwater system captures, stores and reuses water for irrigation of planting throughout site
- Relocated 5 large native trees within the property
- Planting 47 new trees & palms
- Low Voltage Lighting, LED site, and landscape lights for reduced electrical usage
- Edible Garden with locally grown herbs and produce
- Gardening and potting area (with a composting system for food waste and organic material waste)
- The ability for monitoring energy to compare to energy stored within batteries.
- The ability for monitoring water consumption to compare to water stored within cisterns for landscape irrigation
- All furniture is sourced from certified sustainably sourced materials or reclaimed