Cho Ventures, LP & Future of Cities Impact Fund
Company Background and Opportunity Overview:
Impact-focused family office Cho Ventures, LP and Regenerative Development and Venture Platform, Future of Cities www.focities.com, based in Miami is deploying family office & third party capital into a newly-formed cross-asset investment strategy dedicated to generating maximum risk-adjusted return, while catalyzing triple-bottom-line outcomes. Executive team seeking an analyst to filter, underwrite, and ultimately source investments, with a particular focus on venture opportunities- with an existing pipeline of proprietary deals requiring immediate underwriting. The company intends to allocate a meaningful portion of its risk-capital to venture investments across the company life-cycle dedicated to solving construction methodology, building materials, climate resiliency, smart-city and investment focused on innovations in the built environment. The Initial Investment Mandate will be to manage and allocate principal capital, and to help raise third-party capital around the strategy over the next 1-2 years.
Detailed Job Description:
The company is targeting an analyst with 2-5 years of experience working for a venture capital firm, an investment bank, hedge-fund, or a private equity fund with a focus on start-ups, technology, prop-tech, clean-tech, climate-tech, property tech, fintech and/or blockchain technology. Analyst must be prepared to assist the Executive team with all deal underwriting, risk management, reporting, investor committee preparation and ongoing investment monitoring. Analyst must be willing to relocate to Miami.
1. Major in engineering, finance, mathematics, computer science or economics
2. Impeccable financial modeling ability, with a background in relevant computer programming (Visual Basic, JAVA, etc.)
3. Impeccable written and verbal communication skills, passion for creating investment committee memos and financial models. Willingness to defend theses in an investment committee setting
4. Background in portfolio management theory and risk-management
5. Willingness to travel.
6. Fluency in Spanish and/or Portuguese an advantage
7. Experience vetting management teams
8. Demonstrated passion for climate-tech, prop-tech, smart-city tech, blockchain/Web3 and impact
9. Experience with fundraising and investor relations and capital raising considered a value-add
About Cho Ventures, LP
Cho Ventures, LP is the family office of impact investor Tony Cho, a real estate visionary and social impact entrepreneur who has been a pioneer of exciting neighborhoods like the Wynwood Artists District and Magic City Innovation District – Little Haiti in Miami. Cho has had a successful two decade career shaping neighborhoods while delivering outsized returns to partners and investors. Cho Ventures leverages its vast network of advisors, founders, innovators, and thought leaders to source and vet deals spanning diverse industries from real estate to blockchain and from fintech to climate tech. Cho Ventures invests in early stage as well as later stage companies.
About Future of Cities The mission of the Future of Cities Platform is to positively impact the lives of 1 Billion people through innovations in the built environment. Part think tank, part venture capital ecosystem, part real estate investment and development company, the Future of Cities is open sourcing and co-designing a new design logic called Regenerative Placemaking to reimagine how we can co-create thriving, inclusive, equitable and sustainable cities.
Please send your resume to: email@example.com
Location: Miami, FL